Two days ago, I provided a Webinar on The Five CRM Training Imperatives. I felt that this Webinar was very successful as there were many Webinar attendees, who asked very inquisitive questions.
For all attendees and those who missed this Webinar, here are the highlights of my Webinar:
There are five CRM Training Imperatives:
1. Computer Literacy Training
2. Business Process Training
3. CRM Application Training
4. Remedial Training
5. New User Training
For Business Process Training, Sales Pipeline Management (A process that defines how we manage leads and opportunities from the time they are received until they concluded) is very important. One must ensure that all leads and opportunities are handled in a consistent, timely and professional manner.
A best-in-class approach for Sales Pipeline Management consists of these five steps:
1. All leads and opportunities are entered into your CRM system.
2. There is a standard approach to manage opportunities throughout your Sales Pipeline.
3. The status of all opportunities is managed and reported via the Sales Pipeline.
4. All opportunities get managed.
5. An incentive/rewards package reinforces Sales Pipeline utilization.
I would recommend a Sales Pipeline with six phrases. As the sales opportunities passes through each phrase, the probability of closure increases by a set amount.
Here are my recommended Six Sales Pipeline Stages:
2. Prepare Solution
3. Present Solution
4. Confirm Sale
5. Initial Production
Here are some of the benefits of using a Sales Pipeline:
1. To structure the sales process
2. To prioritize activities
3. To keep the focus on opportunities
4. To weed out unqualified opportunities
5. To help deliver expected revenues
6. To earn more sales commissions
To improve your Sales Pipeline, I would recommend that you ensure that your opportunities are evenly spread across all sales pipeline phases and your quota period.
There are two lessons that I have learned over my 25 years of experience in the CRM industry:
1. You cannot manage an inaccurate, out-of-date Sales Pipeline
2. One should review Sales Pipelines weekly and hold sales reps responsible for keeping the Sales Pipeline accurate.
The entire Webinar on The Five CRM Training Imperatives can be seen on the ISM Webinar Archives Section at this ISM Webinars Weblink:
I will be holding additional interesting Webinars in the future. So, please go to the ISM Webinars Weblink to register for my scheduled Webinars that will take place next month and after August 2010.