The Internet of Everything: A Paradigm Shift in the Technology Industry
June 3 Webinar Tackles the Challenges
By: Barton Goldenberg, Founder & President, ISM
It is rare that one has an opportunity to play a lead role in influencing the outcome of a major paradigm shift in the technology industry. The Internet of Everything (IOE) and the Internet of Things (IOT) provides one such opportunity.
Cisco estimates that there are 10 billion devices with access to the Internet today. There will soon be a global system of interconnected computer networks, sensors, actuators, and devices all using the Internet protocol that holds so much potential to change people’s lives that it is often referred to as the Internet’s next generation. Cisco furthermore predicts that there will be 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020.
During ISM’s “Internet of Everything” (IOE) webinar on June 3rd, you will learn about the three types of Internet connections: machine-to-machine (e.g., robots, sensors), machine-to-people (e.g., wearable, home security), and people-to-people (e.g., social networks).
Imagine a world where 50 billion devices are connected to the Internet, all provided potentially meaningful data about customers and prospects. This includes devices that fall under the “Internet of Things” (IOT) umbrella such as:
• Connected Devices (e.g., AppStore, Netflix, OnStar)
• Connected Home (e.g., Kwikset, PetTracker, Dropcam)
• Connected Wearables (e.g., Nike+, glasses, watches)
• Connected Health (e.g., iHealth, Mimo)
• Connected Commerce (e.g., Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons)
The IOE/IOT revolution is not without its challenges that include:
1) Is there a sustainable driving force behind the IOE/IOT?
2) How to cost-justify investing in the IOE/IOT?
3) How to respond to the new data privacy issues?
4) What are the resulting customer service challenges?
5) What is the impact on big data analysis & insight?
6) How to address new people, process, technology issues?
All six issues will be explored during the ISM June 3rd webinar, where I will be joined by Tim Bajarin, president of Creative Strategies and a Silicon Valley legend. If you want to conduct business in the future, the IOE/IOT will play a key role in identifying new business opportunities. I encourage you to attend the June 3rd webinar and to bring your questions along. This is one event you will not want to miss!